Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oga politician, where is our money?

You want them to kill me, eh?

The Nigerian says:

Onuh, do I look like a politician? in my picture, is it not tortoises that you see? are they wearing Agbada? or caftan? do you see any entourage with me? or did I tell you that I'm running for office? Sha, The Nigerian can feel the pain in your question.

On a more serious note, what are our politicians doing with our money? I remember one incident that happened with one Oga (Sir) like that. The man promised the youths heaven and earth. He shared recharge cards, umbrellas, bags and pens, just to get votes. After the Oga got into office, he forgot the youths.

I even remember the story of one popular Pa in a Southern state in Nigeria. After his first fruitless four years, as part of his campaign for a second term, he employed three women to sing "you do well" (sing his praises), angry youths caught these poor women and beat them up, the lead singer, had to be hospitalised.

The one politician I will never forget, is one Southern  Oga like that. I remember radio stations were singing "Oga sir.. you are our choice, you are our choice Oga sir..., you are our choice again!". Oga entered the office and embezzled billions of naira (Nigerian currency). Thankfully, Oga is currently chilling in an European jail.

So Onuh, I am also confused. I don't know what our politicians are doing with peoples' money. It's just greediness. Hopefully, the incoming politicians will be merciful. we both know that will not happen..

FYI: The Nigerian, did not mention any names . Any names that comes to your mind, is your imagination.

Ok Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment