Friday, January 11, 2013

What is Love to a Nigerian ?

Hi,
I'm a South African girl, studying in Johannesburg. Three weeks ago, I was invited to a friend's birthday party . I met this Nigerian guy at the party and there was an instant connection!. He kept talking to me throughout the party and finally just before I left, we exchanged numbers. Three days later, he asked my out on a date. Things have been going well until recently when, he told me that he loved me! but that's not it, he also proposed!.
I like him a lot, but I feel it's too early. That brings me to my question, what is love to a Nigerian man? are all Nigerian men quick to fall in love?

Thanks

Worried S.African girl.


The Nigerian says :

 Dear Worried S.African girl,

You are the first person to ask me a question. For that reason, I will ignore the fact that, this is not a dating site and answer your question.

First of all, a Nigerian man, is a MAN first, then a Nigerian. I can't tell you what love is to every Nigerian man, because we all interpret it differently.

 you feel it's too early? you feel?! you are still feeling?! okay, keep feeling no thinking, my dear,RUN! RUN!!!! RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!! That is not normal!. From what I know, if any man should tell you that he is in love with you in three weeks, then there is something fishy about it. I'm not saying that it does not happen, but it's highly unlikely that, a Nigerian man will fall in love with you in three weeks and  propose. 

   But then again, it depends on his upbringing. A typical Nigerian, born and bred in Nigeria will not propose to any girl in three weeks. In fact, in three weeks, you will not have assumed the title of girlfriend. You see, a Nigerian man wants to keep his option open, because he believes that there is something better, in essence, they want more. (check out D'banj Oliver twist song on YouTube. That song sums this up-pretty much).

In three weeks, you have not met the family. 

In three weeks, you're probably clueless as to where he lives.

In three weeks, you will be planning for a third date.

In three weeks, you are still "meet the girl I'm talking to/meet a friend"

AFTER three weeks,  ( emphasis on "after" and it can be as long as months or years ) if they decide you are worth it, then you will now be known as le girlfriend. Then comes, dating and then marriage. If this Nigerian is in Johannesburg as an international student, you may want to check his visa status, chances are.....

 Now Nigerians raised outside the country are different. They behave differently. if your man was raised in America, chances are, he may be truly in love with you. I'm finding it difficult to believe that myself.

Most importantly, follow your heart. If you should doubt his love for you, even slightly, postpone the wedding. I'm guessing he wants the wedding soon right? well if he's for real, the wedding can wait. Postpone it, then see what happens.

Ok, Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment