Friday, November 29, 2013

Okafor's Law

My Country people I dey hail oo!!! ehhh, you fit say, "where dis one comot from? morning don come for your area abi? sun don dey shin for you? na today you remember say you get blog?" But me I go tell you say : "if you ask me, na who I go ask? you've gats to understand..One of these days, we will get into that.. you know; expantiate!

This post is dedicated to all the women out there, who keep falling for Okafor's law.

Enough about me, the issue at hand is greater than my absence.. Today, we will explore "Okafor's law".

Okafor's Law in action:

Meet Uche* my childhood friend. Anybody that knows Uche will tell you that, he is a casanova. In fact, Uche himself will tell you that "there is something about the chase that makes me crazy...something about the chase". And all his life, he has always been like this. So my guy Uche met this fine girl, in our final year in secondary school. They dated for a little while. It was said that Uche deflowered this girl. While they were dating, Uche also had side chicks. To give you a picture, the lines were very blurry when it came to whom the main girl was and whom the side chicks were. (Side chick, is a Nigerian slang that means, a girl I will 'nak' but will not marry...google nak...still confused?? a f*** body) Fast forward 2010, we relocated to Yankee (University things) for some reason, Uche started looking for this girl, found her and before you knew it, he applied Okafor's law.

What is Okafor's law?

You say wetin?! you no know wetin be Okafor's law??!! Guy, no fall my hand.. 

For all those that are not in the "know", Okafor's law states that, if a man was involved with a girl for a period of time and did a good job in and out of the bedroom (mostly in..), there is a belief that the man can always go to the girl at any given time and sleep with her, irrespective of any situation that arises ie breakups, different lover, marriage etc..

For those that are in the 'know', we can all agree that, spiritual 'konji' or 'akpako' or what the english calls 'Passionate sex', is the key to Okafor's law.

The Mighty and many have fallen prey to Okafor's law because of 'konji'. Take a look at Spartacus, Caligula, King Solomon, Samson, One south-south governor like that, One former head of state in Nigeria (your imagination)..These men and most times women are not fools. Because they are so in love with love, they fail to see how they have been manipulated, used and dumped and used and dumped..

My question is this... which way forward? How can you allow yourself, a beautiful human being to be used and dumped AND used and dumped? are you okrika? second hand clothing? Don't you know your value? so he begged for mercy... and. so. what??? He told you it was the hand work of the devil, sister, let me ask you, please o, was it the devil you saw doing the deed with your bestfriend? was it the devil that asked you to abort your baby, because he was not ready to be a father? or was it the devil that beat you black and blue for talking to your male colleague? you two were not even married! please park well!

 Even second hand clothing knows when to say ENOUGH!. My dear, pack your things and leave. You may think it's too late, the money is good, the sex is good, but I tell you, your present condition will never change unless you make a move. It's never too late to turn around if you've been on the wrong direction. If you've already left, remain where you are, if he comes back, pursue him. Don't allow loneliness to drive you into the wrong arms.

I have a younger sister, and if I can help it, I will not allow anybody to use this law on her.

Please share with us, your thoughts on Okafor's law.


Disclaimer: Names have been changed. Any similarities with anybody living or dead, is purely your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment